»

April 23, 2005

Conference Finals Pre-Game 2 News And Notes

A few quick notes before the game tonight:


* Another playoff sell out. It will be loud for sure. So nice to see all the support for the team.

* Bickell has created quite the upset with his comments on Peterborough. A 3-page thread has developed over on NOOF. I don’t think it was the smartest thing to say. You never want to give the opposition and their fans any more reason to get a hate-on. Plus, his family has a business there, it’s kind of tacky, and it’s certainly relative (Bickell’s one to talk – he came from Orono!).

* From the Ottawa Citizen Chris Yzerman writes, Akeson's output not lost in Czech translation [Sub req]. Apparently Petruzalek and Kaspar have taught Akeson some Czech, which has helped them out on the ice. Jakub and Lukas have:

. . . taught Akeson . . . a nick-name that they use for each other in their native tongue to ease negotiations on the ice.

"If I say it, they find me no matter where I am and put it on my stick."

That’s great!

* From the Ottawa Sun Barre Campbell writes, Kaspar in comfort zone. A snippet:

"The last couple of weeks have been great for me," said Kaspar, who has four goals and 13 points in in 13 playoff games.

"It wasn't an easy year for me. A lot of new things for me. My family isn't here. It's a different style of hockey. Different coach, learning different things," he said.

"It was a different lifestyle and it was very hard."

* From the Peterborough Examiner Mike Davies writes, Facing 67's extra special for Petes defenceman. Snippet:

As a native of Russell, a small town outside Ottawa, Hendrikx grew up a 67’s fan. Now he’s hoping to help the Petes eliminate them.

“It’s always a special feeling to play in Ottawa,” Hendrikx said. “I have all my friends and family come out. I seem to always be a little more pumped up than everybody else because it’s my hometown.”

Good stuff.

* [Added 4.23.2005 1715h by Sid] Tony Ambrogio (from The Score) has a bit on his blog about Coach Todd and Killer meeting up in the Conference Finals, Coaching legends to face off.

No comments: